Continuing Education | Career Enhancement | Technical Content Professional Development Hours | Research | Discounts
SFPE welcomes the future of the profession with free student membership. Be part of the world’s largest community of fire protection engineers dedicated to protecting people, structures, and the environment
To qualify, you must be enrolled at an accredited institution in a full-time engineering or engineering technology program and not be employed full time. Undergraduates must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits hours per semester, while graduate students should be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester.
Proof of student status is required annually to maintain your SFPE membership in good standing.
Upon graduation, SFPE provide a significant dues discount, under our recent graduate status, to $75 per year (regularly $225) for up to three years.
- Lowest cost continuing education and free PDHs, saving time and money. Examples topics include smoke management, code requirements for elevator fire protection, industrial fire protection, design and planning of water supplies, sprinkler design, dust explosions and more.
- Cutting-edge technical innovations, trends, and resources to be the best. These include FPE Magazine, the Fire Technology Journal, Fire Protection Engineering Compensation & Benefits Report, and more.
- Connections and networking that count, providing high impact professional opportunities to network, meet new people, learn and share including online discussion forums, committees and special interest groups, and more.
- Knowledge-sharing to discuss and solve real time challenges and opportunities vis-à-vis SFPE Connect Online, virtual committees and working groups, webinars and virtual seminars, and events and symposia.
- Discounts on publications, educational programs, and conferences that matter, requiring minimal investment but a high return such as SFPE’s Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering.